Monday, September 28, 2020

thought rant

 

As I read course material for each I am taking, many memories flash upon the brain. Often I must stop and walk away. I recall the moments that will forever leave me at a loss for any emotion other than complete defeat of humanitarianism. I am writing this as an exercise of art to channel positive efforts, which is the ultimate reason for the pursuit of a phd in peace. The past decade has not seen a day where at some point my heart did not scream for peace.

This term is a solid foundation of understanding there is hope that the world of pain and suffering will someday give way to peace.  This is how I am looking at this term, top down I have international conflict theory, drilling down to regional or in country issues is Introduction to genocide and at the grass roots level the violence youth encounter. Of course each has overlap and the order can be interchangeable.

The readings have been a wonderful foundation of thought that peace is possible. If only we could carry this ground swell of good into the decision rooms of the Security Council, World Bank, peace negotiation rooms as well as the multitude of military and economic organizations that seem to protect $ and power before life.

Last night I had a dream that I was standing on a stage preparing for a press conference. I was holding a plastic dust pan in one hand and a metal one in the other. I was to explain the mountainous effort of transitioning the consumer economy to a knowledge based economy. This would mean that all plastic consumable goods, highly processed foods and the list went on would have cost increases of 300%. Books, gym memberships, daycare, education, lawyers, doctors, conflict management resources and other elements of society would be provided at cost analysis based on minimum wage acceptability. The loss of jobs would be offset with the increased need in these other sectors.

What is the world I am building?

No comments:

Post a Comment