Saturday, January 8, 2022

Intent

 As I am researching peace there is this element of human nature that is of outmost importance. That element is intent. For example when a person is employed and they have a boss/supervisor that causes others to feel inferior, stupid, worthless or in vulgar terms a fuck up, that boss/supervisor has intent to cause suffering, humiliation and or other harms.

Those that act in such a manner to bring an unpeaceful reality into being are made of the same cloth as those who can be perpetrators of evil acts. This is the slippery slope of peace. If a person is willing to lash out in such a manner, the depths of those acts is untold.

I know of this because I am guilty of being such a person. I understand the evil that can be caused by my actions. Such actions are why we have human trafficking, genocides, war, murder, corruption, theft, torture, etc….

It is a painful reality to understand that such a reality exists within me. However, I must use this knowledge to understand how we can avoid going down such paths of destruction. I must understand what indicators are present to inform us of such people. How do we control such thoughts, actions, desires? What outlets can we build to allow people to exercise such behaviour in a peaceful manner?

It is the famous Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde complex that lives within us all.

Although many would defend their actions as frustration when they lash out. I too have made similar defenses. However the reality of frustration is no defense for causing harm to another. The responsibility of any person who seeks peace is to act in benefit of others always. Admonishment of others is just as effective using peaceful methods. Patience, courage, trust, loyalty, stewardship, integrity are components we must all strive to practice. 

Sometimes we fail, this is when we must work the hardest to ensure peace. It is important to act with those values when dealing with ourselves and others. It will take great effort to obtain peace. I believe we can. That is my intent knowing full well that I have the capacity to be an asshole. I am working to be that peaceful person I know is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment